On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Yuan, Saul (TOR-ML) wrote:

> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:24:16 -0500
> From: "Yuan, Saul (TOR-ML)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Need Dynamic Form Beans feature for Struts1.0.2
>
> Can you give me more details, like what jar files, where to get them and
> how to use them etc...

I suspect that Ashok.D is talking about the commons-beanutils.jar library,
which is what Struts 1.1 uses.  You can get it from a nightly Struts 1.1
release, or separately at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-beanutils/

You can certainly use this library (and it's embedded support for
WrapDynaBean and things like that in a Struts 1.0.2 environment).  Howver,
you won't be able to use DynaActionForm unless you modify all the Struts
code that uses org.apache.struts.util.BeanUtils and
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils to use the commons equivalents
instead.  That is a *lot* of work, and is technically more risky than just
migrating to 1.1 (because you'll need to support it all yourself).

> Thanks a lot,
> Saul

Craig