From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 23 January 2003 13:59
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: DynaBeans, Struts, OR mapping tools and code generators

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Tony Baity wrote:

> I am looking forward to see what the SUN Faces product will do and how
> Struts and JSTL relates to or is incorporated into that but I do not
> know easy it will be to map database fields to a "face".

If you've seen the early access version of JavaServer Faces that is
currently available, you know that the linkage between UI components and
model tier JavaBeans is expressed via a "model reference expression" that
is associated with each component.  In the next EA release, you'll see
that the syntax used for model reference expressions has been enhanced to
be exactly like a variable reference in the expression language (EL) used
by the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL)  -- indeed, the reference
implementation of JavaServer Faces uses the exact same expression
evaluator code.  So, anything you can address through a JSTL expression
today can be the source or destination of model tier data for a JavaServer
Faces component.

> -Tony

Craig