Mechanically, tokens work by setting a, well, token in the response to the user, then
checking that token value in the action after they hit submit. If the token is
different or doesn't exist then the user is forwarded to a place defined by the Struts
developer, usually some sort of error page.

They're pretty trivial to implement.

Googling for "struts tokens" should give you some more information. The important part
is that the ability to prevent multiple form submissions and double updates is built
into Struts.

-= J