Greetings,

My required if condition in validation.xml is not working.

The following is the code in my validation.xml file.

        <field property="lastName" depends="requiredif">
                <arg0 key="label.lastName"/>
                <var>
                        <var-name>field</var-name>
                        <var-value>firstName</var-value>
                </var>
                <var>
                        <var-name>field-test</var-name>
                        <var-value>NOTNULL</var-value>
                </var>
        </field>

My condition is:
        lastName should be present, if firstName is entered.

The validator throws up the message "lastName is required", for both the
conditions;
whether the field firstName is empty or some text is inputted.

Is anything wrong in what I am doing?
Can anyone help me?

Thank in Advance,

Dinesh Samson J