I'm not sure I understand completely.  Are you returning to the same page after the
form is submitted?  What are you doing in the reset() and Action?

That notwithstanding, here are some possibilities:

* The text fields are not within a form
* You are re-directing to the page and not forwarding
* You are forwarding (or redirecting) to an action that is
  re-initializing the form.

Will need to see the necessary action mappings too.

Sri