Ok, that's useful information, especially the fact that the same thing
happens with the non-el tags (so it wasn't me :) ).  It would really be
useful if you could step through this in the debugger and try to see
what's happening, starting at the (expected) call to the attribute
setter in the form tag up to that line in RequestUtils where the
"action" parameter is apparently null.

and