> > I have a web page (the "parent") that opens a child
> > window using javascript. The parent window sets a
> > field on the child window. The child window needs to
> > use that data, as it is opening, to perform a DB query
> > and display information on itself.
> >
> > The problem is that, even though the parent
> > successfully sets the data on the child, I have no
> > access to it in my ActionForm or in the request
> > object.
> >
> > Is there a way to make that happen?

Your parent JSP has a form with one field.
When you submit this form, the child *action* gets it, makes
the connection, formats results and returns the forward that will display
them.

The details (the parent form is hidden and completely managed via
Javascript,
the child JSP appears in a new window) is pure Javascript tricks.

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.