Hi,
      Exactly what happens with my pet project here. The login page times
out before the user logs in  after the specified timeout period. I have been
pulling my hair all day.

     Need more explanation. I am using setLocale in the base action which my
login action is extending. I do understand the question.
Mohan

If a client X enter the URL http::\\localhost:8080\MyAppli, when the
home page is displayed if the form is in the session an HttpSession is
created isn't it ? but the client has not yet given his userLogin and
password.

If a new browser is open on the same PC with the URL of the application
is a new HttpSession is created ?
Normally a new session must be created only if login information is
different
from the first client's browser. But on the Home page we do not have to
carry out
the Login action yet.

Do you understand my question ?

As of February 12, 2003 Thomson unifies its email addresses on a worldwide
basis.Please note my new email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thomson is the leader in solutions and technologies for the entertainment
and media industries and serves its customers under its four strategic
brands: Technicolor, Grass Valley, RCA and THOMSON.
More about Thomson: http://www.thomson.net/videochain