I think the Java Tutorial "trail" approach would be a good fit for this:

  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/reallybigindex.html

For example, there already is a "Creating a GUI with JFC/Swing" trail:

  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/index.html

Similar to this in concept, there could be a "Building a webapp with Struts"
trail. Granted, this may not belong in the "reallybigindex" maintained by
Sun because Struts is under the Apache umbrella. However, it might be time
to setup a "reallybigindex" for an online Apache Tutorial comprised of
trails similar to the way trails are used in Sun's online Java Tutorial.

Specifically with respect to learning Struts though, there is already a
significant amount of online learning material to be found directly or
indirectly from here:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/learning.html

Still, I do see the value in having trails that organize some of the online
information in various trails to follow through this wealth of information.
I'm not sure how to go about initiating such a project at Apache, but, I am
willing to volunteer some time to contribute to the creation of a "Building
a webapp with Struts" trail. Does anyone else think this would be a good
idea? Anyone else interested in volunteering some time to build a Struts
trail? If there is enough interest, I would be glad to setup a separate
mailing list for further discussion among interested volunteers on creation
of this trail.

Thanks,
  Mike Van Riper