From: Edgar Dollin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:40 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Formatting dates in <html:text>

If you just want to display, the <bean:write> tag has some date formatting
options.

For entry the 'best' current solution is to subclass the TextTag class and
do your processing there.  The strategy I have been using in such a tag is
to use a 'hidden' field with your actual form data and javascript to do the
translations to another field the user actually edits, of course returning
the altered text to your hidden field.

One of the javascript guys was asking about a hypothetical date tag, but I
don't remember the details or the status.

Edgar

I use the JSTL <fmt:formatDate> tag to display a date outside a form, but it
can't be nested so it's no good here.

This scenario seems like it would be fairly common.  What does one do here?
Format the date in a get/set pair in their bean and display that?  Use basic
HTML <input type="text"> tags?  What's best practice?

Thanks,

Greg

is appreciated.