I don't understand.
I thought the Validation framework would check for Integer in an Integer field, then
return the appropriate message.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Hunter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 4:41 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: action form Q

Don't do that.  Make all your form fields strings, use the validator plug
in, and convert from String to other type in your Action class.  One good
reason to do this is that if the user were to type "ouch" in an Integer
field, it would be impossible to even tell them that "ouch" wasn't a valid
value because there is nowhere to store the string "ouch" -- you'd have to
say "whatever you typed is invalid" whereas with strings and validator you
have all the flexibility in the world.

I hope that helps!