I think this is the strategy I will be going with myself. Since we have the
source of these helper actions, I think it is cleaner to have common action
logic in one base action class of my own and then extend all my application
actions from this one base action class. I'm good at cut/paste. So, it is
easy to create my own versions from Struts sources for the helper classes
that extend from my own base action class. :-)

Still, that means I need to track changes made in these helper actions as
Struts improves over time. I would hate to miss out on any
refinements/improvements made over subsequent releases. Which is why I was
wondering if there was a better way that I am missing.

- Van <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>