You will need to put conditional logic in your reset() method so that it
only resets checkbox values on the page that is being submitted and leaves
checkbox values for other pages well alone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Pottrain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 3 April 2003 16:45
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Resetting checkboxes in a multipage form

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to implement a multipage form, with at least one checkbox.
To solve the problem with unchecked boxes not being submitted to the server,
I implemented the reset() method to set my checkboxValue to false.

However this solution does not work in a multipage form,
as the reset() method is called for every page of my form,
even the pages where my checkbox is not on.

For ex. a 3 page form
I check the box on page1, submit and go to page 2 --> everything works fine
fill in page 2, submit and got to page3 --> not ok

reset is called --> checkboxvalue back to false, and my bean is not
repopulated with the correct value
because my checkbox was not on page2.

Does anybody know an elegant solution to this problem?
Or am I forced to put a hidden parameter with the same name/value pair as my
checkbox
on the pages where my checkbox is not on.

thx for your time,

Nicolas