Hi everybody,

I have checked the archives and I could not find the
answer to my question, so here it comes :-)

I have programmed an extension to the Struts 1.0.2
taglibs, allowing to change the look of the JSP pages
according to the profile of the users.
As I didn't know of struts-layout, I did it by hand. I
would like to know if my implementation is J2EE
compliant ? (I really really need it, pleeeease)

- some tags (html:html, html:text...) have now an
additional property, "componentCode".

- the users have all a profile, stored in a database.
ie. in the database, you have the list of the users of
the application, linked to their profile. A user can
be, for example, an "admin", a "standard"...

- in the database, I store the list of the
componentCodes of my application. I link these codes
to the profiles, in order to give rights to the user.

For example, an "admin" user can be allowed to write
into the component "theTextArea". If "theTextArea" is
an html:text, you would have in the JSP

If the user is an "admin", let's say he has the
"write" right for "theTextArea"; the tag will display
itself as an <input type="text">

If the user is a "standard", let's say he has the
"readonly" right for "theTextArea"; the tag will
display itself as a static table.

NB: according to what I have read in the threads,
there may have been better to do that, the only thing
I want to know is if I am J2EE compliant, and if I
respect the MVC pattern.

Thanks in advance,
Marc.