When creating a multipage validating form wizard, it can often be
inconvient if the user makes an error on the 6th page and is taken
all the way to page 1 to notify the user of the error.  This happens
because the input attribute on an action-mapping can only be a
single page.  The following would be an idea to get around this:

Make it a standard that pages in a multipage form have a forward
name using "input" as the prefix and the page number as a suffix.
Then, if the page attribute is being used and a validation fails,
the user is returned to the "input" + getPage() rather than the
mapping.getInput().  This will take the user back to the 6th page
rather than all the way to the beginning in the above example.

Thoughts?

Dan

p.s. I am definitely going to implement something homegrown for the
time being.

Daniel Allen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/