well, your check() function ought to return a boolean for starters.

function check() {

                if (tests fail)
                        return false;
                else
                        return true;
        }

then,

onsubmit = "return check()"

-jeff

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 07:53 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

I have some problems to access a text field.

I have this JSP code:

And want to access the value of the item field:

function check(){
        var inputvalue = document.all.item.value;
        alert(inputvalue);
        var inputvalue = document.forms[0].item.value;
        alert(inputvalue);
}

No of these variant runs. In an another application I have the 2 solution and it works. Are there any depedencies between struts and > JS?

Juraj