I guess you've all been here, so can you answer this?

you have do a 'finally' to ensure you close the connection/release it back
to the pool.

In the controller tier this is easy, get the connection in the
Filter/RequestProcessor/Action when whatever returns you can finally close
it.

However this ties it to the controller layer.  I want my connections
instigated from the business layer.  But because so many processes require a
connection I will have identical try,catch,finally block all over the place.

Any one got a solution to this?

Thankyou
--
Mike W