> Am I correct in assuming that the following condition
> "((value != null) && (value.length() > 0))" should be
> "(!GenericValidator.isBlankOrNull(value))".  The reason my check is
> failing is due to the fact the value I'm checking is all
> white space (at certain times), and is selected from
> a select box.

I disagree with your assumption that "     " should fail a "required" check.
In some situations, that may be a valid value to be submitted. It exists,
and it has a value. A validation check for the field being required should
pass.

It sounds like what you want is a "not blank" validation, where a value
consisting of all whitespaces, tabs, or newlines would fail.

I think the two are not the same, but that's just my opinion :)

Matt Kruse