From: James Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 2:51 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: <html:reset> and <html:cancel>

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 14:30, Mark Galbreath wrote:
> Is it just me, or do these objects have no intrinsic affect on

>From which perspective do you mean?  Client or server?

The reset is basically an html input of type reset which will effect the
page
on the client side, while the cancel submit the form, but signals the
controller that the form was cancelled (server side).

I doubt you suffer from this, but I've seen several cases where developers
think that if the user fills out a form and submits it, but it fails on
validation and returns to render the page with those invalid entries, that
hitting the reset will "reset" (in their mind) the page back to a blank
page.

That, of course, is the difference betwee a "reset" and a "clear" button.

Have I come close to answering your question?

> Mark

James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist http://www.struts-atlanta.org
770-822-3359 AIM:jmitchtx