From: Clauson, Kelly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 3:19 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: hidden fields and extension tag errors with weblogic

Thanks for the response Rich. This did not work, but it did get me started
on the right path.
This code in the jsp:

results in this error:

myaddedit.java:213: unclosed character literal
probably occurred due to an error in /list/myAddEdit.jsp line 21:

To get around the errors I now do this:

<%
   String week = request.getParameter("Week");
%>

and it works.

As for the other issue I'm dealing with, I'm still not sure why hidden
fields are not populated.
I've implemented a work-around but I really don't like it. Rather than use a
hidden tag, I'm setting a session attribute. Then, in the form's reset
method I set the data member to the value of the session attribute.
I don't like this because I'd rather not have more session attributes
floating around and it seems like an abuse of the reset method.

If you have an idea why hidden fields are not populated, please let me know.

Kelly