I wrote a MenuDispalyer that can be configured in a properties file.
It will not solve your problem but it show how you can write your own
MenuDisplayer to add replacement variable you need.
It will require you to retrieve the session id from the pageContext and then
pass it as a parameter for message resource replacement.

If you are interested by my code look at the patch section of the
sourceforge account of Struts-Menu where I posted it as
RecursiveMenuDisplayer. Then look at
RecusrsiveMenuDisplayer.getDisplayString(String key, String content,
MenuComponent menu)
to see how the variable are prepared.

Malik.

Thursday, June 19, 2003 4:10 PM , Nicolas De Loof