My quickest suggestion is to use a link to call your onclick function.. It was a while ago when i encountered this and the details escape me. But I seem to recall using a link was one way of solving this sort of thing..

I've never found a case where eval is required, but if anyone knows of a case where it is actually required I'd be interested to know. To my mind the way your drilling through your forms looks fine and dandy..

Cheers Mark

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 01:11 PM, Firat TIRYAKI wrote:

Use eval() function while constructing a form element by the function
parameter given. may be netscape takes them as strings not objects.

F.

----- Original Message -----
From: "sriram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 2:27 PM
Subject: RE: <html:image> doesn't submit the page in netscape???

preSubmit() code is given below:

function preSubmit(form, action_value)
{
 alert(form);
 alert(action_value);
  document.forms[0].lrAction.value=action_value;
  selPreSubmit();
  //form.submit();
} // end of preSubmit

RE: <html:image> doesn't submit the page in netscape???It seems that you
don't have the function preSubmit ,  instead you have a function named
selpreSubmit.

try writing javascript: in the addressbar in netscape, you will see the
error console tells you what's wrong with the script you wrote.

F.