I usually give the page with the form it's own action (ie.
xxxUpdateSetupAction which I use for stuff like populating lists, etc.) and
the target action of the form has it's own seperate action (ie.
xxxUpdateAction). In this situation you could set the input attribute of the
/xxxUpdate action mapping to /xxxUpdateSetup which then should be
executed (forwarded to, this is nice because this way the setup action has
access to the posted data) if validation fails.
I must say it is just an idea and I haven't had the chance to try it yet,
hope it
helps.

Dennis

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]