I want to put the "label and value" pairs of the 51
states of the U.S. in a file, read in the file into an
ArrayList, and then create a drop-down menu in a .jsp
file.

Question 1.  Where is the proper place to put those
"label and value" pairs?  Create a table in the
database? or put those pairs in a properties file?
Which directory does this properties file go?

Question 2.  Do I read those pairs into an ArrayList
in the controller servlet?