Ok here's what I'm trying to do.

validation.xml:

            <field property="username"
                    depends="required">
                <arg0   key="logon.username.error" resource="true" />
                </field>

and in the case of validation failure,on the xml end,

I get error "???en_US.prompt.username??? is required", instead of "User Name
is required"

ApplicationResources.properties snapshot is this:

        prompt.username = User Name

Now the war file is working fine in all directory, but not in default
directory,
it seems like its not extracting prompts from properties file.