OnClick is an arbitrary string that is evaluated by the scripting engine,
not a URL.

try replacing

onclick="javascript:'document.forms[0].submit();return
false;'"

with

onclick="document.forms[0].submit(); return false"

HTH,
Ian

Ian D. Stewart
Open Systems Engineer II
Enterprise Midrange - Bank One Infrastructure & Operations
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(614) 213-6100

"Faisal Shoukat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 07/29/2003 07:34:32 AM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:

Subject:  submit a form with html:link

Hi,

I am trying to submit a form by using a link. I have looked through the
emails already on this and am using the following code from a previous
mail:

onclick="javascript:'document.forms[0].submit();return
false;'">Login</html:link>

however when I click on the link nothing happens?  Does anybody know
why?

Thanks in Advance
Faisal

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank
you.