Thanks Shane, that fixed it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bailey, Shane C. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 August 2003 16:41
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Struts Validator

In the validation.xml file I believe that the validator takes

<form name="StringWithoutForwardSlash">  as validate based on form name
and
<form name="/stringWithForwardSlash"> as validate based on the action
name.

Meaning that if the validator "sees" a formbean with the first examples
name
it does validation and then if it "sees" an action with same name as the
second example it will do validation on the associated form.

Anyway, in your example you have your action name with not slash so you
would have to have either:

<form name="/ValidationType">...    OR
<form name="ValidationTypeForm">

You also need to keep in mind that you need to extend ValidationTypeForm
must extend ValidatorActionForm to use the action validation and
ValidatorForm to use the form validation.