I've got a JSP that is display a list of information coming from two
different collections and having trouble finding the cleanest way to do it
with the struts tags.

The line I'm struggling with is the bean:define where I'm constructing the
name of the property using a scriptlet and the index from the iterate tag.
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Is there a better way beyond bugging the other developers to combine the
information into a different format that serves my display needs better?

<logic:iterate id="primaryRecord" name="productSearchViewHelper"
property="primaryRecords" indexId="i">

  <bean:define id="secondaryRecord" name="productSearchViewHelper"
property='<%="secondaryRecord[" + i + "]"%>' />

  <bean:write name="primaryRecord" property="description"/>
  <bean:write name="secondaryRecord" property="description"/>

</logic:iterate>

Thanks,
Jordan

--