Instead of using a class diagram (as you mentioned, the session scoped
object is not really a property of the class), you might want to consider
using Use Case to describe the processing by the Action.

HTH,
Ian

Ian D. Stewart
Open Systems Engineer II
Enterprise Midrange - Bank One Infrastructure & Operations
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(614) 213-6100

"Travis Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/26/2003 11:31:14 AM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:

Subject:  UML

I am trying to represent, in a UML class diagram, a certain
architecture.  How would one represent an object, that is placed into
session scope.? The object is used by Action clasess.  I kinda want to
use the composition relation, but the object really isn't a property of
the object itself.

-Trav

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank
you.