I guess this bug was fixed , at least with the html:base tag. So it will be a matter of upgrading struts to a version where this has been fixed.

Likewise the form elements, the source that appends /> or > is all there in the latest source. So I guess its a matter of updating your struts. You'll have to see if there's a release version with these changes. I'm not sure if there is a release with these changes, the one i'm using hasn't, just the base tag.

Cheers Mark