On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 03:27, Max Cooper wrote:
> Two things come to mind:
>
> 1. Do you want an icon that will show up in a browser when a user accesses
> your application/site? If so, you need to do something else -- the <icon>
> part of the servlet spec seems to indicate that it is for GUI tools (like
> your app server's management console) rather than for browser access to the
> webapp itself. I am not totally sure about this as I have not tried it
> myself, but that is my impression from reading the servlet spec.

Well, I want to change the icon that appear in front of the url in the
browser, I see other use it...

> 2. Is the <icon> element in the right place in the web.xml file? An editor
> that does XML validation (like IntelliJ IDEA and other IDEs and XML editors)
> is very helpful for pointing out such errors.

I tried moving it around and the only thing that happens is that I am
getting an error msg if I am putting it under the servlet tag and under
the web tag nothing happens.
I also tried setting this in the header:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<html:rewrite forward="mainIcon"/>"
type="image/x-icon" />

but nothing...

Anyone?

> -Max

Bjørn T Johansen (BSc,MNIF)
Executive Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Havleik Consulting
Phone : +47 67 54 15 17         Conradisvei 4
Fax : +47 67 54 13 91           N-1338 Sandvika
Cellular : +47 926 93 298       http://www.havleik.no
"The stickers on the side of the box said "Supported Platforms: Windows
98, Windows NT 4.0,
Windows 2000 or better", so clearly Linux was a supported platform."