I'm guessing that you didn't bother to search google, the source code,
or web site documentation as this topic is covered very well in many
places.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=using+set-pro
perty+struts-config&btnG=Google+Search

>From the first hit found on google:

"The set-property element is used when you subclass the ActionMapping
class and add custom properties to it. Using set-property elements, you
can still benefit from the way the struts-config.xml file gets loaded
into ActionMapping instances by the Digester utility. With this element,
you can specify initial values for the specific properties on your
ActionMapping subclasses without having to alter the struts-config DTD
for every ActionMapping customization implemented."

The article continues with a small example.

That's only one of many hits found on google.

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist