Yuan, Saul (TOR-ML) wrote:

Rob,

Thanks for your response.

I ended up with changing the validator-rules.xml file myself to add
support for multiple radios, checkboxes and selections (just for the
validateRequired(form) function)

If you would like to post a BugZilla report and provide a patch against the nightly,
that can be integarted into the validator code, that would be much appreciated !

-Rob

I checked the validator-rules.xml file in the latest nightly built (Sep
12), I noticed it added support for multiple radio buttons, but not yet
for multiples checkboxes and selections.

Thanks, Saul

Use the nightly build of struts, this was fixed on Sept 9.
Please let me know if it works for you.

-Rob

Hi,

I have some problems validating multiple radio buttons and

checkboxes,

selections on the client side. Tracking down to the javascript code
defined in validator-rules.xml, I found that the

validateRequired(form)

function doesn't deal with multiple checkboxes, selections at all.

For

multiples radios, checkboxes etc, the field.type = undefined. Can
somebody explain why is this?

Thanks,

Saul

Validator-rules.xml: