From: Ted Husted [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 7:04 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Remember menu node

With an web application, the only place we have to store state is the
request and the session, or some external device, like a database.

So for something like this, you would probably store the object that
represents the menu state in the client's session.

request.getSession().setAttribute("menuBean",menuBean);

and then look for it before displaying a menu

menuBean  = request.getSession().getAttribute("menuBean");
if (null==menuBean) menuBean = new MenuBean();

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,
   Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,