I had posted the following as a solution for you:

 action="/Contacts" target="rightframe" styleClass="linkbold" paramId="page"
paramName="targetAction"><b>Contact List</b></html:link>

This should render as something like the following:

> What exactly does this mean?
>
> Where "targetAction" exists in some scope and has a value of
> "viewcontactlist".
This means that there exists some value under the name of "targetAction" in
some scope
(request, page, session, or application) equal to that of "viewcontactlist".

When the <html:link .../> attempts to render itself it will look for an
attribute named
"targetAction" defined in some scope and retrieve its value. I just made
"targetAction"
up. You could call it anything.

robert