u catch the username field value using <bean:write> tag and concatenate the error
message defined in applicationresources.properties file errors.email={0} is not a
valid email address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Wang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 3:13 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: newbie validator question: show value of a field in error

I have a dumb question re: struts validator:

How do I show the value of the offending field in the error message as
opposed to the field name?

i.e. if the field I want to validate is email, and the user types in "foo",
how do I show
"'foo' is not a valid email address"

as opposed to the more standard (or widely documented) error
"'Email Address' is not valid"

Thanks,
Daniel