Christian,

Not exactly struts, but you can do this using the JSTL taglibs with the
varStatus attribute, like:

  <c:forEach items="${sessionScope.advertMultiEditForm.idsAsList}"
             var="thisid" varStatus="stat">
     <c:set var="bg" value="white" />
     <c:if test="${stat.index % 2 == 0}">
         <c:set var="bg" value="blue" />
    </c:if>
  </c:forEach>

or check out the display tag library at:

http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/display/

which is great and makes this very easy.

Graham