Thanks Craig.

> You can, but the integration library lets you use Struts Actions on the
> back end, creates form beans automatically, and so on.

Reading through Sun's Web Services Tutorial section on JSF, things are
starting to come into focus:  JSF provides functionality that overlaps that
of Struts (my misconception was that JSF was strictly a UI component tag
library).

.: Anyone know of a resource that summarizes/contrasts solutions provided by
both frameworks?

i.e.:
    -UI Components
    -controller components