<snip>
The line of code in the jsp is something like this:
<bean:write name="<%=formBean%>" property="name[53]" scope="request"/>

where 53 is a input parameter of getName(int size) method of FormBean.

Get method is something like this...

public void getName(int size){
        return (this.sName.substring(0, size));
}

This was working fine all this time... now when i change my JDK from 131_03
131_08, this doesnt work and throws error saying property 'name' is not
indexed....
</snip>

Hmm. I dont have any definitive solution myself, but this clarifies the
matter a lot and hopefully someone else should be able to have a good go at
pinpointing the problem.

My best guess is that your setters and getters dont quite meet bean
conventions. (When this is the case sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt
which makes debugging a nightmare!)

Do you have more than one method named setName or getName? Ive found that
can cause all sorts of wierd problems of this nature.