Günter,

I don't know if there is any standard support for navigation bars as you
describe. I made a similar functionality;

As you mention yourself ("business function context") navigation is part of
the business logic; so I made a navigation object which is maintained in my
action classes; the jsp's which display the navigation bar simple loop over
the navigation object and display it as illustrated by yourself.

So you setup the navigation in your action classes and the jsp's simply
display it.

Jan

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I have a question concerning the control of workflow in struts framework:
>
> I'm just writing a large struts application. So I have to reuse some JSP's
in different workflows.
> That means, I view a JSP called x.jsp one time invoked from a.jsp and one
time invoked from b.jsp.
> Based on the calling JSP (a.jsp or b.jsp) I have to build an appropriate
navigation bar in x.jsp to go back
> to the previous point of view. Furthermore, it should be possible, to
navigate from x.jsp to c.jsp and then back