I just find it naturally easier to grasp what is going on with one Action and one form bean for each object in my model (and normally one factory or 'business delegate') plus a host of mappings.

On 09/25/2003 03:59 PM Mainguy, Mike wrote:
You don't have to create a different ActionClass for every Operation with
the same display/FormBean...  I.E.  If you use the same formbean and display
component, you don't want to also always create another ActionClass...

Similar to dispatchaction except you use the pathmapping instead of the
request parameters.

I actually wrote a variant of dispatchAction that, instead of calling a
specific execute method on my ActionClass, it maps the request to another
Command style class that performs an operation with only the FormBean and a
security context as the input, and a List or DynaBean as the output.  This
let me completely decouple my data access layer from any web stuff and use
request parameters to determine which business operation I was performing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sgarlata Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Poll] action mappings

I think for #3 it would be silly not to use a DispatchAction or LookupDispatchAction, right? It seems like you would also want DispatchAction or LookupDispatchAction for #1, but I really don't understand why people are using #1 at all. Is there some reason multiple action mappings are needed for the same Action?

Matt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mainguy, Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 9:47 AM

So far the results are as follows:

#1 5
#2 1
#3 2
#4 0

I added myself to both 1 and 3 as I've done a project both ways... Now I wonder, how does everyone determine which operation you are doing? As a parameter in the action mapping? A big case-style (if else) statement?