Whoops!, I goofed up my response, let me clarify.

> From: Sgarlata Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>I just find it naturally easier to grasp what is going on with one
>Action and one form bean for each object in my model (and normally one
>factory or 'business delegate') plus a host of mappings.

Right, that's the way I look at it too. I guess you could call it a model or
data centric perspective of the system.   To me personally, any business
system is centered around a logical data model.  I tend to build (grow)
everything from the model out to the view.

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>The point of being easy to understand is very important for a big
application especially I think.

>And I don't understand why u need code duplication?
>The save action after doing update if needs to read, the forward can point
to readAction ...
>That's what we have done al over our application.So to get the same screen
,
>always call same read action from any other save action using proper
forward...
>So this way you have 2 types of action in your system.openActions
>and save actions .And this approach helps you to solve many other problems
as well.

It seems like the perspective YOU are talking about is to build the system
around each atomic transaction that the system is designed to support.  This
is, to me, also a very valid way of looking at it, but, it seems like you
would end up seeing a whole bunch of trees instead of the entire forest (if
you get my drift).

I like to be able to start out with a BIG picture and break it down into
smaller pictures until I get the level that I'm comfortable with.  It sounds
like you are more comfortable with a higher level of  (finer grained) detail
in your implementation than I am.

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart
Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete
this message immediately.