Different people have different ideas on how to accomplish the same thing.
 It's good to have multiple implementations so that we can learn the best
from each.  If you look at JSF, you will see features taken from Struts
and WebWork.

On a side note, there are a couple of frameworks similar to Struts that,
IMO, have been created for financial gain and/or to enhance the author's
already oversized ego.  WebWork does not fall into this group though :-).

David