In fact ignore my suggestion, I was silly and assumed the userId was taken somewhere else but the form.

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 11:33 AM, Mark Lowe wrote:

Perhaps you don't need to pass the id in as an argument. I'd just wrap the action in a js function

function setupUserForm() {
alert( 'setUpUsersForm.do?action=retrieve&userId=<c:out value="${param.userId}" /> ' );
}

onchange="setupUserForm()" ..