try
var newwin=window.open("a.html?Name="+namVal);

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 4:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: javascript question...

Hi...

Is it possible to send a value of a form element from the parent window to
the child window like this???

<script>
function go() {
 var namVal = document.fm1.txtName.value;
 var newwin=window.open("a.html?Name=namVal");
}
</script>

<form name=fm1 onSubmit="go()">
 <input type=text name=txtName >
 <input type=submit value=go>
</form>

The above does not work... it will give me 'namVal' as the value rather than
the actual typed in value when I try to get request.getParameter....

How can I achieve this functionality??? I need to pass a form element value
when opening a new window. This value is essential at this point coz I
perform an action based on this value and then bring the pop up page....

Suggestions requested please...

Thanks!

Jacob