You might not be realizing just how deeply the MesageResources is
integrated with Struts.

Your solution won't work if:

  * your app is using the validator

  * any of your jsp pages are using <bean:message>

  * any of your jsp pages use tags that use MessageResources
    (which are any that use xyzKey such as srcKey,
     pageKey, altKey, etc)

As far as application modification goes, the extension I
created is a simple config change in struts-config, and voila!

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer / Struts Evangelist