I'm following the instructions provided here: http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_view.html (section 3.4.3) for incorporating tiles definitions in struts-config.xml, and when the ActionServlet receives a request for an action who's parameter is a tile definition name (such as .baseLayout), I get the following exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Path .baseLayout does not start with a "/" character

My action is defined like so:

       <action
           path="/US/tilestest"
           type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
           parameter=".baseLayout"/>

And I've defined the plug-in for the Tiles requestor.

 <plug-in
   className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
   <set-property
       property="definitions-config"
       value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
 </plug-in>

My tiles-defs.xml has one simple entry:

<definition name=".baseLayout" path="/common/layouts/baseLayout.jsp"/>

within the <tiles-definitions> node.

Any ideas? Thanks!

--
Brice D. Ruth