I'm trying to set an attribute in the request scope from an action.
However, when I do the following:

public ActionForward execute(
        ActionMapping mapping,
        ActionForm form,
        HttpServletRequest request,
        HttpServletResponse response)
        throws Exception {

        request.setAttribute( "testing", "This is a test" );
        return mapping.getInputForward();
}

and in my jsp page, I do:

<%= pageContext.findAttribute( "testing" ) %>

I always get null.  Is the request sent to the execute statement the same
one used for the forward?  Could this be because I want to forward to the
input jsp?  Please, please help me out.  I've been spinning my wheels for a
few days now trying to figure this out.

Thanks,
Eric