In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> This might be more involved than you may think. The easy answer is to extend
> the RequestProcessor and add this functionality there. The hard answer is
> that you may not want to enable a user to just jump to any given page, only
> having to go through a login step to get there. You may very well need
> session data that gets built up in the course of a user session (think of
> multi-page forms and such).

You raise a good point, however, jumping to an arbitrary page of a
process (even if they are already logged on) is something I have to
handle in any case.  A more specific scenario might be something along
the lines of:

To complete process X, the user has to perform 5 steps.  The user can
perform steps 1, 2 and 3 with or without being logged on, but they must
be logged on to perform steps 4 and 5.  Obviously, I can have a specific
check in step 4, but I would like, say, easily change the logon
requirement to instead be in step 3.  Basically, I would like to be able
to specify for each page whether the user has to be logged in.

As Vic suggested, web.xml provides some assistance in this area via
<login-config>, but I am reusing an existing framework that already has
user/role behaviour that I need to plug in.  Thanks again.

--
Craig Edwards
Sydney, Australia