From: "Bryan Hanks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:31 AM
Subject: RE: Generate a Drop-Down ???

There's a very easy way to generate a drop-down. From your example, I'm not
sure what ProdutoView does, so I'm going to assume you want to only create a
drop-down of "CSV" and "XML".

Forgive me for starting over, but there is a very easy way to do what you
want, but you must modify you ArrayList a bit.

In the action:

ArrayList formatosArquivos = new ArrayList();
formatosArquivos.add( new org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean( "CSV", "20"
) );
formatosArquivos.add( new org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean( "XML", "40"
) );
session.setAttribute("produtoView", formatosArquivos);

---

In the JSP:

labelProperty="label" />

---

Explanation:

Org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean takes two arguments: label, value.
These are assigned as "label" and "value", respectively (obvious, no?).
When the JSP runs html:options, it creates a drop-down with labels
labelProperty (="label") and corresponding values property (="value"). The
selected value is returned in the html:select property (="product_value").

In this example, if the user selects "CSV", then product_value=20.

See also: http://masterdev.dyndns.dk/dev/6.htm

Cheers,
Bryan